THE WORLD’S LEADING GLOBAL FUTURIST
DISRUPTIVE TRENDS & INNOVATION EXPERT
“Wow! That’s all I can say. Thank you for coming in on short notice, and thank you for providing one of the most concise overviews of the future of the broadcasting industries that I have ever seen!”
“We invited Jim in to give us an assessment of how our industry will change over the next 10 years. We have never seen a more compelling, concise – and motivating – assessment!”
“On behalf of the entire Innovative Technology Partnerships Office, thank you for your engaging and thought-provoking presentation at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. From the feedback we have received, the event was a great success. Thank you for sharing your insight and expertise with us!”
WHO IS JIM CARROLL?
Jim is the world’s leading global futurists, trends, and innovation experts, with a massive global blue-chip client list. Over the last 25 years, more than 2 million people have shared his insight at his events.
Jim’s global client list gives him a front-row seat to the high-velocity change that is occurring as disruption comes to take hold of every industry and every organization. With that insight, and the customized research that he undertakes for every engagement, he helps to transform growth-oriented organizations into high-velocity innovation heroes!
Jim delivers highly customized, industry-specific insight and leadership guidance virtually from his broadcast studio that features multiple stage sets, full virtual interaction, delivered with his compelling motivational style; or on stage at events worldwide.
Jim has shared his insight at the top tier of the global meetings industry, with events that have included Leonard Nimoy (“Spock” of Star Trek), President George W. Bush, the late Carrie Fisher (“Princess Leia” of Star Wars), Terry Bradshaw of the NFL, Biz Stone (founder of Twitter), Jimmy Wales of Wikipedia, Astronauts Scott Kelly (last pilot of the Space Shuttle), Buzz Aldrin of Apollo 11 and ISS Commander Chris Hadfield, business leaders Jack Welch of GE and Roger Goodall, the Commissioner of the NFL, actors Robert DeNiro, Goldie Hawn & Forest Whittaker, and Lee Trevino and Bubba Watson of golf, among others.
MEDIA / PRESS COVERAGE
KEYNOTE HIGHLIGHTS WITH INSIGHT SHARED WORLDWIDE
Keynote: International Finance Corporation – A Member of the World Bank Group, Marrakesh, Morocco
Jim was the opening keynote speaker at the 2nd Global Manufacturing Conference for the International Finance
Keynote: Pfizer, Paris, France: The Acceleration of Healthcare
The rapid evolution of genomic science, the acceleration of gene therapy, the virtualization of healthcare with medical
Keynote: Microsoft Canada, Toronto, Canada : 2019 FutureNow Conference
This is the largest event that Microsoft puts on in Canada, with over 2,000 senior executives and I.T. professionals in
Keynote: Deltec Bank, Nassau, Bahamas – Disruption and the Next Billion Dollar Markets
This is a private wealth management firm with a global group of high-end wealth management clients around the globe.
Keynote: Blackrock, San Francisco – The Future and the Next Economy
What industries will rule the growth market 10 years out? Which ones are in decline? How does the speed of Silicon
Keynote: IRU World Congress, Muscat, Oman : The Acceleration of Trends and Transportation into 2025
What's the future of highways and infrastructure in the era of electric self-driving vehicles? It's hard not to
Keynote: World Government Summit, Dubai, UAE – The Transformative Trends of the 21st Century
I was invited to speak at this massive global conference, with 3,400 attendees from 60+ countries worldwide.
Keynote: Mercedes Benz, Detroit, Michigan – Disruption: Self-Driving Cars, Electric Vehicles and the Sharing Economy
Obviously, this is a HOT topic, and being invited in by one of the pre-eminent automative companies in the world to
Keynote: Baker McKenzie client conferences, Dallas and Chicago – The Acceleration of Risk in the Era of Disruption
It’s pretty cool when the top-ranked global legal firm — operating in 38 countries with 13,000+ legal staff —
Keynote: Nikon, Tokyo, Japan – 100th Anniversary Celebration Gala Dinner
This was certainly a treat – they invited me in to headline a dinner with my observations on the future! I opened
Keynote: McKay CEO Forum, Vancouver, Canada – Disruption and innovation
Imagine a room full of 300 CEO’s and senior executives, and you get the McKay CEO Forum, one of the pre-eminent
Keynote: Godiva Chocolates, Ghent, Belgium – The Future of Retail & Supply Chain
This was a repeat engagement — the company, along with its parent Ulker from Turkey, had me headline a global
Keynote: Genentech, San Francisco : The Acceleration of Personalized Medicine in the Era of Exponential Genomics
This event was for 550 executives from this pharma-tech company — it’s owned by French pharmaceutical giant
Keynote: Pladis – Godiva Chocolates, McVities Biscuits Ulker – , London, England – The Future of Food & Retail
This was a huge amount of fun! I love overseas trips! And what an organization — Pladis is new, with three separate,
Keynote: American Financial Services Association – New Orleans – The Future of the Automotive Industry
Again, in New Orleans — in this case, the finance/leasing end of the automotive industry, including financing
Keynote: Whirlpool, Chicago, Illinois – Future Impact of Internet of Things (#IoT)
This is a company that is making a transition from being a company that sells appliances, to being a computer
Keynote: New York Life, New York – Insurance : Disruptive, Transformative & Innovative!
This was my final event of the year, just two days ago, and it was just plain fun! It was an end of year “town
Keynote: Manufacturing in America Summt, Detroit, Michigan : Reinventing Manufacturing Through Innovation
Wow, manufacturing was hot this year! This one was in the midst of the automotive sector in the US, and I
25+ YEARS OF WORLD-CLASS LEADERSHIP INSIGHT
You will discover in Jim Carroll someone who provides effective online leadership insight that redefines the state of the possible, the opportunity for the future, and engaging interactivity. Jim’s insight and style, delivered on stages in Tokyo, Dubai, Munich, London, Paris, New York, and Sydney, comes from almost 3 decades of providing cutting-edge trends and innovation insight. A native of Toronto, Canada, Jim quickly vaulted himself to the top tier of the global leadership and speaking industry as a result of his customized insight, compelling motivational style, and deeply engaging talks driven by deep levels of well-honed insight. Some of his experience includes these highlights:
- booked as the opening keynote speaker at major events for the World Bank, the World Government Summit (UAE), and the Swiss Innovation Forum
- invited to provide detailed trends and innovation insight at leadership events for organizations such as NASA, Disney, Pfizer, Mercedes Benz, Godiva
- author of 39 books over a 25-year time span, including Think Big, Start Small, Scale Fast, and The Future Belongs To Those Who Are Fast
- a national newspaper columnist for 5 years with the Globe & Mail (Canada) focused on disruptive emerging technologies and business models
- a magazine columnist with multiple long-running columns (Profit Magazine, Marketing Magazine, hiTech Careers, others)
- hosted 3 national radio shows (full interview. topic exploration and short segment) focused on future trends, technology, and disruption
- host of an in-flight podcast style tech/disruption show on Air Canada that ran for 2 years on all flights worldwide
- has been featured in over 3,000 interviews over 25+ years in print, TV, radio, podcasts
- an expert witness on technology, trend, and IP issues for 3 major court cases (including two successful “Leaves to Appeal” to the Supreme Court of Canada)
- a CPA (pre-Futurist) with 10 years on the ground business advisory, taxation, audit, and other experience with predecessor firms of KPMG / EY
- awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2002 Canadian New Media Awards, recognizing his pioneering work in the industry throughout the 90′
- named as “One of 50 International Names to Know” in the Online Journalism Review for his pioneering work in the media industry
SUBJECT MATTER TOPIC AREAS
Within the global speaking industry, Futurist Jim Carroll has become recognized as the ‘go-to’ guy to take on topics from the highly specialized to the very esoteric to the narrowly unique. Need an example? The US Air Force Research Laboratory invited him in for a talk on the future of science and research; NASA, for the future of the space industry, and 6 months before Covid hit, Pfizer, for a talk on the future of accelerated medical science.
- post-Covid trends, strategies, opportunities, and challenges
- innovation, creativity, disruptive business model strategies
- technology, demographic, societal, political trends insight
- extremely detailed, customized in a vast number of industries including manufacturing, agriculture, retail, healthcare, energy, healthcare, transporation & automotive, consumer products, insurance, financial services, and more
- known globally for taking on unique future-oriented topics specific to a particular client situation (“Future of Risk” “Future of Manufacturing in 3rd World Countries” “Future of Targeted Pharmacogenetics” “Future of Autonomous and Electric Vehicles”
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
CEO’s, senior executives and association leaders are continually seeking insight into the most effective leadership strategies for tomorrow. Jim Carroll has proven to be a trusted partner to organizations worldwide as they align to a world in which the future belongs to those who are fast!
- Jim has a 25-year track record with events similar to yours. He knows what works, how to deliver and to work with you to achieve your objectives. Experience counts.
- Some of the biggest ‘names’ in the world have placed their trust in Jim to deliver his insight for events similar to yours. NASA (twice), the PGA of America, the World Bank, Johnson & Johnson, Chrysler, Disney, Godiva Chocolates, Dupont. Track record matters.
- Let’s face it: your meeting is critical, and it is important that your message and Jim’s role are closely aligned. Canned stuff won’t cut it – customized material will. You’ll learn about Jim’s customization process through this Web site and by contacting him
- Jim answers the phone. You can’t get more personalized insight and care than with Jim. Try it out – connect with him!
- Your meeting is a big investment – and your investment in a trends and subject matter expert is critical. As a keynote speaker, Jim Carroll sets the tone for the entire event! Does it really make sense to skimp on fees for an external expert? Value for investment is critical: Jim delivers!
- You might be considering an industry expert or a related vendor who will offer you a presentation for no fee. You’ll end up with either a boring canned speech or a sales pitch. Your event is important — shouldn’t the content relate to that fact? You get what you pay for!
- You need highly specialized, detailed insight, not fluff. Jim’s your guy – his vast global client list will attest to that fact
- Jim’s just a plain nice guy to work with. You’ll truly enjoy your event with a professional!
WHY BOOK JIM?
SHORT VIDEO CLIPS
Clients & Industry
Verstality, flexibility, insight. Learn why NASA, Disney and the PGA selected Jim for their critical innovation and trends oriented events
A few short video clips that will help you discover the unique insight provided by Futurist Jim Carroll
Insight Provided by Jim Carroll
Imagine if you could accelerate your way into the future, by clearly aligning future trends, your strategic thinking, and your internal engine of creativity.
Countless global organizations have engaged Jim Carroll for his unique insight and proven track record in providing a customized leadership program.
Virtual Jim Carroll
Detailed future trends insight on your post-Covid future from Jim’s state of
the art virtual home broadcast studio (It’s in his basement!)
Learn More About Jim
2 million+ people. 5 continents. The world’s most prestigious organizations.
Learn more as to why world leaders arrange for the unique trends and future insight from Jim Carroll
Post Covid Leadership
The pandemic has shifted the axis of the universe.
What’s your plan?
Here’s the critical background on the international work that Jim does:
Jim Carroll has done a LOT of international work; he’s presented in Dubai, Sao Paolo, Budapest, Munich, Athens, Stuttgart, Prague, London, Paris, Brussels, Ghent, Stockholm, Zurich, Tokyo, Mexico …. and in all of these situations, he has ensured that he is respectful of the audience in terms of pace, culture and local content.
Advance translation planning
In some cases, he has done a Skype or Google Hangout walkthrough with the translation team of his slide deck in advance, so that they are comfortable with the content and direction
Sequential translation experience!
His Budapest event actually featured sequential translation into Hungarian as opposed to simultaneous translation.