This is an old-stage favorite of mine – I used it for years in the context of e-commerce, sustainability, autonomous vehicles, and other topics.
And given everything that is going on with AI – and all the companies trying to figure out their AI business strategies – it’s time for the list of Why Are AI Strategies A Lot like Teenage Sex!
(It’s safe for work!)
- no one is sure what it is, but they hear that it’s great!
- everyone thinks that everyone else is doing it!
- those who say they are doing it are probably lying!
- the few who are doing it aren’t doing it very well!
- everyone hopes it will be great when they finally do it!
- once they start doing it, they’ll discover that it is going to take a while to figure out how to get really good at it!
- and they’ll realize that they’ll have to try to discover a whole bunch of new methods of doing it to really figure it all out!
Here’s a version of the theme from years ago when I launched it into a Volvo leadership meeting – the CEO was in the room, and was kind of freaked out when I began. He later admitted he found it hilarious!