“Imagination: It’s a window into the opportunities to be pursued when you accelerate your creativity!” – Futurist Jim Carroll
When it comes to your future, your imagination is the most important skill you can possess.
Embrace it, nurture it, feed it, exercise it. Give it nourishment through regular use – pursue the frivolous, explore the unobvious, play with the useless. Here’s why!
- your imagination lets you see things you might not otherwise see.
- It allows you to understand those things differently than you might otherwise understand them to be
- it lets you think about what you could do with those unique things once you finally see them
- in doing so, it gives permission to explore the unexplored
- as soon as you do that, it will help you to avoid falling into the land of the status quo
- it gives you the drive to avoid the word ‘can’t’, shifting to the word ‘can’
- it shifts you from a mindset that ‘it won’t work‘ to ‘how can I make this work?’
- it stops you from saying ‘why didn’t I think of that ?’ to ‘how can I think of more things like that?’
- in allowing you to do all these things, it puts you into an opportunity mindset, helping you to rethink a potential threat, turning it into an opportunity
Imagination is more important than knowledge – that’s what Einstein has suggested. With that being the case, spend more time in the land of opportunity that it represents!
Intrigued? Maybe you should study my Masters in Business Imagination Manifesto! You’ll find it at : https://mbi-manifesto.jimcarroll.com