10 great words for 2021! It’s a good way to think about how you might reinvent yourself for what will truly be an interesting year!
Here’s the genesis of the idea. Way back in 2005, I wrote a blog post, “10 Great Words for 2006“, that outlined my thoughts on how to align to an accelerating future. It became a huge hit and formed the basis for many of my keynotes over the years. In fact, the list became the closing segment of many of those talks, as I noticed an increasing number of people wrote it down, so I rolled it into a nice looking little PDF. (Below)
With that in mind, I decided this year to hit the home broadcast studio and film the list of words that I am going to use to guide me into 2021, based upon the unique experiences and events of 2020.
The words? This is what will guide me into this new year!
- reinvent: this will be a core focus for me as I go forward into the year; my life and business is increasingly virtual and I need to continually align to that!
- reflect: to accomplish that, I need to reflect – to continually look back at what I did as part of this reinvention process in 2020, and what I can do better
- rethink: never become complacent
- reimagine: my business model, my future, my activities
- redesign: once I reimagine my future, I can redesign it to fit!
- retouch: to do the best job at this, I must continually touch up and refine my work
- rework: that requires constant innovation and challenge
- reinforce: and to get there, I need to reinforce, enhance and accelerate my skills
- realign: your goals, your skills, your strategies to this new reality
- redo: we all get a redo in 2021 because 2020 was such a challenging, interesting and difficult year!
I find lists like these to a powerful motivator! Try it out!
Closing off, here’s the original 10 Great Words outline – visit the page 10 Great Words: