10 REALITIES ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS MODEL
"If you aren’t busy thinking about to disrupt your business model, someone else probably will!"
Disruption is real, it’s big, and it’s happening faster than you think.
My job as a futurist has me doing an increasing number of CEO level events for Fortune 500 companies around the world, participating in leadership meetings which are focused on the massive transformations and disruption occurring in every single industry. Clients such as NASA, Disney, Godiva, Nikon, Mercedes Benz, Johnson & Johnson, and many more.
All of them know their business model is changing, and have realized they need to change it – before it changes them.
Will you do the same thing?
The Reality of Your Business Model
- Right now, there are probably a bunch of really smart people figuring out to disrupt your business model
- If you aren’t busy thinking about disrupting your business model, they most certainly will.
- They’ll probably do this sooner than you think they will.
- The result is that 10 years out (or less), your business model will look nothing like it does today.
- Those that do mess up your business model are quite likely to be younger than you; for many folks, age provides for complacency.
- The fundamental change to your business model driven by this younger generation will be the result of digital, smart, intelligent, location-oriented technology.
- They’ll use this technology in such a way they’ll come out of the left-field with a business model idea that you’ve never even thought of before.
- Their business model will carry an undeniable ‘coolness factor that you can’t simply match.
- Most likely, you’ll discount the importance of their innovation, until it is much too late.
- The result will be dramatic change: it’s likely that your current business model will not even survive: and your company might not as well!
Jim Carroll spends time with organizations worldwide, providing his insight at large-scale conferences and internal, private leadership meetings on the reality of business model disruption.
Explore some of his Topics and Trends – and in particular, his keynote Disrupting Amazon: Accelerating Strategies for Success in the Era of Industry Transformation
RECENT BLOG POSTS ABOUT BUSINESS MODEL DISRUPTION
Daily Inspiration: Business Model Disruption – “Is your competition busy playing 3-dimensional chess, while you are playing checkers on a blank board?”
"Is your competition busy playing 3-dimensional chess, while you are playing checkers on a blank board?" - Futurist Jim
Video: The Reality of Disruption!
Here's a clip from a keynote in which I talk to the reality of the change that every organization faces
Daily Inspiration: “Denial of your reality is not going to lead you to a better outcome!”
"Denial of your reality is not going to lead you to a better outcome!" - Futurist Jim CarrollRead this: "RIM
Daily Inspiration: “Think BIG. Your future will thank you for it.”
"Think BIG. Your future will thank you for it." - Futurist Jim CarrollIn times of volatility, people tend to
23 Trends for 2023: Trend #3 – Inevitable Inevitability!
Companies and people fight the future. Inevitability, they come to accept the inevitability of it all!And in 2023,
Daily Inspiration: “Accelerate your acceleration!”
"Accelerate your acceleration!" - Futurist Jim CarrollAre you thinking fast enough?I know I tend to focus
The Future of Energy Utilities: Simply, They’re Insurance Companies Now.
The trends are massive – catch this clip from where I’m on stage for the annual SAP Utilities Conference in
Virtual Video: The Drivers of Disruption
Here's a video clip from a virtual keynote I did just a few months ago,It's detailed on this web page --
Are You Thinking Fast Enough? The Implications of Post-Pandemic Acceleration!
Just over 10 years ago, my book "The Future Belongs to Those Who Are Fast" was released. It's a powerful look at the
The Reality of Disruption – 24 Reasons Why Your Company Might Die Before You Get Old!
No one company can do everything that needs to be done in an era of fast change. Individually, any trend is disruptive.
Video: The Reality of Disruption – The Trends that Define Your Future!
Disruption is real, it’s big, and it’s happening faster than you think.Futurist Jim Carroll speaks at
Disruption : It’s Not a Widget Anymore – Realiging Your Sales Force to New Value Propositions
Futurist Jim Carroll with a clip from a keynote for Philips Medical Devices - with the basic message that the product
Video: The Era of Acceleration – The Impact of Disruption
Disruption is real, it’s big, and it’s happening faster than you think. Individually, any trend is
Why You Need to Get Out of Your Innovation & Creativity Rut – NOW!
I spend a LOT of time doing talks at corporate meetings; often, a CEO or CxO leadership event for a Fortune 1000
Your Future is Faster – So Too is Disruption!
The future used to belong to those who are fast - it now belongs to those who are faster!That was the premise of a
Daily Inspiration: “Denial has consequences!”
"Denial has consequences!" - Futurist Jim CarrollI had a hard time deciding this morning what I wanted to run
WATCH AN AUDIENCE RESPOND TO THE QUESTION OF BUSINESS MODEL DISRUPTION
Do you think your business model will survive into the future?
Check this clip – Jim is doing a live, interactive text message poll with his audience, asking them that very question.
Watch the results unfold in real time – and then ask yourself : would your audience react in the same way?