Over the last 25 years, many CEO’s of Fortune 1000’s and other companies have brought me in for sessions to encourage their teams to align to the future. Simply take a look at my client list!
Over this period of time, I’ve become quite adept at spotting the challenges that a client might face. There’s a laundry list of issues I can spot. Ask yourself if you have these ones:
- actions are based on lifelong lessons that no longer apply
- variation in routine is abhorred
- the strategies they have in place are often outdated by faster trends
- they are structured by command and control structures that don’t allow for agility
- outdated HR practices reward mediocrity
- individualism is punished
- risk is something to be feared, not embraced
- collaboration is often absent
- corporate culture breeds change-resistance anti-bodies
- they prefer to discount the big thinkers who are discounting their industry
It’s an interesting time to be in business. Disruption, fast paced business model change, technology!
The future belongs to those who are fast, and yet many are structured for slow.