There’s a lot of hype about the “Internet of Things.” What does it really mean? Here’s a video clip that puts it in perspective in terms of the future of golf!
The big issue with the iOT is that it shifts the speed of innovation in every single industry to the velocity of Silicon Valley. This means faster change, disruptive business models, the emergence of new competitors, the arrival of fascinating new technologies that provide both opportunity and challenge.
This is a topic that I have explored at length on stage in countless industries, and in a variety of blogs. For more, check out these posts:
- Silicon Valley Innovation Velocity to Dominate Every Industry
- When Silicon Valley Takes Over Your Innovation Agenda
- When Silicon Valley Takes Over Heath Care Innovation
- Major 10 Year Trend: The Future of EVERY Industry to Now Be Controlled by Silicon Valley
- From 2008 : A truly staggering, transformative trend yet to unfold