10 MORE GREAT WORDS
Adapt: Change is happening faster than ever before.
Flex : In times of rapid change, agility is a critical skill.
Experience: There’s a lot you don’t know.
Create: Stop managing things and create things instead.
Focus: You can’t master all the knowledge there is to know,
Partner: Deal with rapid change and complexity by seeking partners
Shift: Far too many people view the future with fear rather than thinking about opportunity.
Imagine: Innovators don’t make a difference by redoing the status quo
Start: You’ve probably been holding off on doing the one thing you always wanted to try to do.
Encourage: People who approach things with passion and purpose live a compelling life.
The “10 Great Words” page on my Web site is one of the most consistently visited and shared pages on my entire site. A
nd this follow list, “10 More Great Words”, also ranks up there!
I think that people find the words to be powerful and inspirational, and help to set a good mindset for innovative thinking.
Words are very powerful motivators. Here’s more! Get inspired!
- Adapt: Change is happening faster than ever before. Accept that, adapt to it, and go with the flow. It makes everything a lot easier.
- Flex : In times of rapid change, agility is a critical skill. Develop flexibility in attitude, skills and capability in order to thrive
- Experience: There’s a lot you don’t know. Enhance your knowledge and experience by doing all the things you’ve never done before.
- Create: Stop managing things and create things instead. Focus on doing what makes a difference, rather than trying to make a difference with what you’ve done before
- Focus: You can’t master all the knowledge there is to know, nor can you do everything you want to do. Do what you do well and do that well, and then figure out new ways of doing the rest.
- Partner: Deal with rapid change and complexity by seeking partners who can help you accomplish what needs to be done.
- Shift: Far too many people view the future with fear rather than thinking about opportunity. Shift your focus, and you’ll discover opportunities for growth.
- Imagine: Innovators don’t make a difference by redoing the status quo — they accomplish great things by being different. And they don’t constrain their difference with traditional thinking: they simply think differently.
- Start: You’ve probably been holding off on doing the one thing you always wanted to try to do. Drop your indecision now and begin doing it. Innovators succeed through momentum, and momentum comes from doing.
- Encourage: People who approach things with passion and purpose live a compelling life. Find your spark, and light it! Find other sparks around you, and you’ve got a fire that fuels enthusiasm!
GET INSPIRED WTH MORE INSIGHT ON 10 GREAT WORDS!
Who Are YOU Hanging Out With? Accelerating Creativity By Changing Your Crowd….
Here's a simple fact: "Many people see a trend and see a threat. Smart people see the same trend and see
Video: An Interview with a “Professional Optimist!”
Here's a little bit of fun - I decided to do an interview with one of the most optimistic people I know! The
“10 Phrases That Define 2022!”
What's going to happen in 2022, when it is pretty evident that volatility is the new normal? I find myself wondering
Video: 10 Great Words to Spur On Your Creativity, Innovation and Disruptive Thinking!
Are there signs of greater turnover in your customer base, or more competitors in your industry than ever before? Is
10 Great Words for 2021 : Reinvention and Other Opportunities for Growth!
10 great words for 2021! It's a good way to think about how you might reinvent yourself for what will truly be an
The 10 Words That Can Jumpstart Your Innovation Efforts!
Last month, the Entrepreneur and Family Business Council of DePaul University had me in for a talk to their members -
Video : “10 Great Words” – Seeking Inspiration to Do the Great Things You Need to Do!
Here's a clip to get you thinking - my closing comments from my keynote for the PGA of America. In the room, I've got
A Little Bit of Insight
I've been blogging since 2002, and over the last 17 years, I've pulled into my site A LOT of insight on future trends
Daily Inspiration: “Don’t be average. Increase your quota of daily awesome!”
“Don’t be average. Increase your quota of daily awesome!” - Futurist Jim Carroll I’ve had a bit of a
Daily Inspiration: “Don’t be afraid of failure. Fear inaction instead!”
"Don't be afraid of failure. Fear inaction instead!" - Jim Carroll Are you doing enough in your organization
10 Great Words for 2017
Some years back as the year drew to a close, I wrote a blog post, "10 Great Words." The intent was to provide
Relentless Innovation! Three Simple Words For Success…
What are the big issues that organizations need to be focused on? Think about three simple words:
Innovation and the “10 Great Words”
At a number of recent keynotes - a talk at a leadership meeting for Dupont, at the 2012 Blanchard Summit, and at a
Ten Great Words You NEED for 2012!
A few years ago, right around the approach of the New Year, I wrote a blog post that I called '10 Great
Re-engage with the Future! 10 Great Words
[wonderplugin_video iframe="https://www.youtube.com/embed/at7e1cVwiXQ" lightbox=1 lightboxsize=1 lightboxwidth=960
10 Great Words
A few years ago, I wrote my listing of "10 great words" that could help to spur an organization into pure