Most organizations are going to need a senior vice president of artificial intelligence risk management within a year.
That’s because the risk AI is going to introduce to your organization is going to be even bigger than you can imagine.
The position, reporting to the Board of Directors, will be responsible for:
- monitoring, assessing, and interpreting an ever-increasing flood of new AI-based risks and preparing scenarios for management to counter them
- quarterbacking the deep ethical and moral issues that come with the increasing use of AI within the organization
- coming up with and working with HR to monitor a company-wide “AI Code of Conduct,” applicable to all staff
- working with the Chief Legal Officer on the never-ending number of new AI-related copyright, trademark, and intellectual property issues hitting the organization
- spending time with the corporate IT department to come up with policies, strategies, and structures to firewall corporate information sources so that they don’t become fodder for content within large-language models (and hence, become a part of the answer that AI chatbot offers up)
- ensuring that any new products or services developed utilizing AI are based on appropriate quality, reliability, and ethical frameworks working with HR to ensure that workforce skills and capabilities are enhanced and developed so that the organization has a proper skills base for the artificial intelligence era
- continually modifying and adjusting these responsibilities in the face of new AI risks not yet identified and yet to come
- the individual will be required to report on this initiative, their responsibilities, and their findings, to the Board on a quarterly basis, to the public annually or semi-annually, and to the CEO weekly – if not daily.
- they must have effective media and PR skills, as they will have to quickly become the public face of the response by the organization to the forthcoming flood of new corporate PR disasters that will threaten to do significant damage to the organization.
All of this is going to be necessary sooner than you think.
Are you ready?