(Yes, it’s safe for work!”)
From a recent keynote for Volvo / Mack Trucks North America leadership meeting.
A dinner talk, so you have to build some tremendous fun into it. I had the crowd in stitches! But the clip makes a point — autonomous technology is coming quickly, but we’ll go through the Gartner Hypecycle before we get there….
So here we go: why is autonomous vehicle technology a lot like teenage sex?
- no one is sure what it is, but they hear that its great
- everyone thinks that everyone else is doing it
- those who say they are doing it are probably lying
- the few who are doing it aren’t doing it very well
- everyone hopes it will be great when they finally do it
- once they start doing it, they’ll discover that it is going to take a
- while to figure out how to get really good at it
- and they’ll realize that they’ll have to try to discover a whole bunch of new methods of doing it to really figure it all out