“It’s when you identify your biggest weakness that you discover your greatest strength!” – Futurist Jim Carroll
A motivational moment for a Monday morning – with the photo taken during my sunrise walk yesterday morning!
My greatest weakness? It’s probably the fact that I’m not very good at riding out the highs and lows, the ebb and flow of a world that is constantly shifting – and in days past, the manner by which I dealt with that wasn’t terribly helpful. To deal with that today, I focus on my optimism and my ability to see something good out of things that are negative. (That, and the fact that when it comes to weakness, I’ve got absolutely ZERO creative graphic arts capability – my running joke being that I failed art in kindergarten. So I make it up with Canva and other tools.)
It always helps to pause every once in a while and take a personal inventory of our mindset and our routines, to discover where we might improve. With that in mind, how do you focus on your strengths?
- with every bit of small success or failure, focus on the lessons learned to find some next steps
- always remember that persistence pays off – don’t give up, give more attention to it!
- use moments of adversity as a chance to regroup to focus on your growth
- and have the courage to take on what you think you might not be able to do – so that when you accomplish them, it’s a huge moment!
- remember that the path to success is always a continuous journey that needs to be reinforced, not a destination that you reach but once
- be resilient – manage the setbacks and keep going!
Above all, make some moments to quietly reflect on your strengths, so that you aren’t always thinking about your weaknesses!