“To believe in the future, you must first believe in yourself!” – Futurist Jim Carroll
Succeding in a fast-paced future, in which anything goes, volatility is everywhere, and the unexpected can rule each and every moment?
It’s a confidence game!
Confidence that you can get yourself in the right mindset. Do the right things. Pursue the right goals. Making the necessary decisions to get you there – your future. This means that you set out to:
- accomplish that one thing that you couldn’t accomplish before
- learn the skill that you might need for your future
- choose to embrace change rather than fighting it
- stand for your ideals with force rather than slinking away in silence
- understand the trends that will impact you and how to turn them into an opportunity
- develop the courage to take on risks that you should be taking
- bolster your determination to always go forward, not back
- develop the tenacity to take each setback as just a small blip in your path
- the brashness to try to achieve the unachievable
- build certainty into your actions
Focusing on the future through yourself will give you the certainty to go into ‘what’s next‘ with confidence! Remember – people who win in the future never perceive for a moment that they might lose! Confidence is a character trait that is shared by most successful people because they never for a moment think that they might not get to their destination.
Confidence? It’s a belief in your core strengths and capabilities, despite the challenge that can come from the regular buffering of constant change. It’s an internal message that you can do it; the constant thought that you can achieve; the belief that you just need to continue to push on through. Successful people tend to build up their confidence wall through a regular effort to reinforce it through actions; it is not something that is simply gained but is something that is earned through effort.
That very action of effort builds confidence.