Many organizations have failure embedded into their DNA. They build up a culture of aggressive indecision, which guarantees a slow culture that provides them a boat anchor in the era of acceleration.
Jim Carroll identifies, on stage, both the cultural killers and the practical strategies that must be pursued to breakthrough! Jim is the world’s leading global futurists, trends, and innovation expert, with a massive global blue-chip client list. Over the last 25 years, more than 2 million people have shared his insight at his events. Jim’s global client list gives him a front-row seat to the high-velocity change that is occurring as disruption comes to take hold of every industry and every organization.
With that insight, and the customized research that he undertakes for every engagement, he helps to transform growth-oriented organizations into high-velocity innovation heroes!
10 SIGNS YOU’VE GOT AN INNOVATION DYSFUNCTION
Read this list. Is this your organization?
- People laugh at new ideas
- Someone who identifies a problem is shunned
- Innovation is the privileged practice of a special group
- The phrase, “you can’t do that because we’ve always done it this way” is used for every new idea
- No one can remember the last time anyone did anything really cool
- People think innovation is about R&D
- People have convinced themselves that competing on price is normal
- The organization is focused more on process than success
- There are lots of baby boomers about, and few people younger than 25
- After any type of surprise — product, market, industry or organizational change — everyone sits back and asks, “wow, where did that come from?”