“You are ALWAYS just on the edge of an epic future!” – Futurist Jim Carroll
What you do with this fact is up to you!
I always emphasize to my audiences that we are going to see more change in the next ten years than we have seen in the last 100. I don’t think that is a stretch.
If you doubt my word, I’d encourage you to go read a blog post I put out a few weeks ago:
Make your way through the list, and pick out just a few items. Here”s a sample:
- We’re entering the era of connected agriculture, in which a kid who grew up playing Farmville will define the future virtual farm
- We will soon have windows most everywhere that generate solar electricity, simply by being windows
- We’re quickly moving from ‘learning how to drive to ‘learning how to supervise a smarter car’
- In the near future, you’re going to eat “who you are”, with daily food plans based on your personal DNA profile
- Most new homes will have driveway drone pads with an automatic storage locker as a standard feature
- Real-time analytical predictive insurance underwriting will be the only actuarial insurance model in the not-too-distant future
- We’ll one day use 3D skin printing technology to deal with medical burns and other complex issues
Those aren’t crazy, fringe-based thinking – most of those trends are well underway, on the pathway to wide adoption and maturity. These are the types of issues that define our future – and you are on the very edge of that future.
As an aside, if you’ve made it this far, you might have noticed I’ve been shifting away from the traditional format of these Daily Inspirations a tiny bit.
Originally based on on-stage photos, they began in August 2016 after a complex time of personal challenge in my life. Since Covid, they have shifted to using more virtual stage set work – but as of late, I’ve decided to incorporate a few other types of designs, such as todays’ fabulous bit of artwork. Let me know what you think! I’ll continue using all three formats going forward.
And please invite your friends to sign up by visiting https://inspiration.jimcarroll.com