I’ve long been accused of being relentlessly optimism in the face of long odds. It’s a message I share on stage, in my writings, and in my personal life.
If you have a similar mindset, how do you maintain it? Hang out with other optimists! People who have a belief that we have an opportunity to make the future what we want it to be – rather than the potentially negative future that might come about.
How do you do that?Stop spending time with people who possess these human traits:
- a relentlessly negative attitude
- continual pessimism
- pervasive procrastination
- a small thinking mind
- the dominance of indecision
- close minded opinions
- never learning
- distracted easily
- a lack of focus
- distinctly lacking in curiosity
- a narrow focus
- an inability to collaborate
- lazy and unmotivated
- an unquestioning mind
- a longing for the past
- forever relying on old glories and achievements
- bigots and racists (d’uh!)
The list could go on…
A lot of how your future will unfold has to do with the company you keep.
Take an inventory of who inspires your creativity, charges up your outlook, and who motivates you for the future.