“Legacy is death! But disruption? It’s rebirth!” – Futurist Jim Carroll
What worked for you in the past won’t work for you in the future.
There are far too many trends working against you. Why? Take a look at my “24 Reasons Why Your Company Might Die Before You Get Old” -> https://disruption.jimcarroll.com
Any one of those trends might doom you if you don’t change. Combine any of them together, and you move from ‘maybe’ to ‘certainty.’
With that knowledge, you’ve got to develop the courage to move beyond your past into your future. That requires innovation, transformation, bold thinking.
And it involves courage. A lot of it. You’re in a comfort zone, but if you don’t abandon it, it will quickly become an ‘uncomfortable zone.’
This is your reality:
- right now, there are probably a bunch of really smart people figuring out to disrupt your business model
- if you aren’t busy thinking about to disrupt your business model, they most certainly will.
- they’ll probably do this sooner than you think they will.
- the result is that 10 years out (or less), your business model will look nothing like it does today.
- those that do mess up your business model are quite likely to be younger than you; for many folks, age provides for complacency.
- the fundamental change to your business model driven by this younger generation will be the result of digital, smart, intelligent, location-oriented technology.
- they’ll use this technology in such a way they’ll come out of left field with a business model idea that you’ve never even thought of before.
- their business model will carry an undeniable ‘coolness factor’ that you can’t simply match.
- most likely, you’ll discount the importance of their innovation, until it is much too late.
- the result will be dramatic change: it’s likely that your current business model will not even survive: and your company might not as well!
Dare to disrupt!