I used this a lot in the past, but it’s probably good to repeat it here; maybe there is a little too much hype around social networking, particularly around the context of marketing.
- no one is sure what it is, but they hear that its great
- everyone thinks that everyone else is doing it
- those who say they are doing it are probably lying
- the few who are doing it aren’t doing it very well
- everyone hopes it will be great when they finally do it
- once they start doing it, they’ll discover that it is going to take a while to figure out how to get really good at it
- and they’ll realize that they’ll have to try to discover a whole bunch of new methods of doing it to really figure it all out