Organizations must develop the ability to shift mindsets and actions rapidly according to fast-moving circumstances.
Organizations that have an agile leadership team culture in place share several attributes, they:
- accept the speed of change, as we saw with the pandemic everything changed quickly, from technology to consumer behaviour, business models to time-to-market, methodologies to corporate structure
- understand the nature of the shift as the post-Covid economy is not going to look anything like the pre-Covid economy
- get the nuance involved in new forms of resilience, for example, we've gone from a lot of just-in-time to just-in-case business models
- streamline their operations and eliminate roadblocks so that an organization can act at the speed required
- accelerate decision making so that they are not bogged down by organizational sclerosis
- have an effective trends radar that advises them as to what comes next so they can better understand what to do about it!
Yet many organizations are not structured for resilience and agility. According to Deloitte's Chief Strategy Officer Survey on how often organizations refresh their core strategy:
- 45% refresh their strategy annually or less frequently
- 23% do it every two years
- 22% every three years
In essence, most organizations are structured for slow in a world that has become crushingly fast.
Futurist Jim Carroll will share with you insight gleaned from 30 years of experience, advising some of the top companies in the world as to the practical action steps and ideas that can help you achieve resilience and agility.