One of my favorite bits of insight I like to share from the stage concerns the story of the ‘two types of framers.’
Which one are you? Check the list below. And watch this short clip from one of my last in-person keynotes just before Covid.
There’s what we might call the stuck-skeptics, who have attitudes such as:
- they are not optimistic about the future
- they tend to seek the “same old advice” from the “same old sources”
- they have a very low tolerance for risk
- they are not convinced they can continue to make a comfortable living in the agricultural sector
- they feel skeptical of the potential of the future, and slammed about the head by an industry that is inherently volatile
Contrast they with the “future positive” farmer. They’re:
- very collaborative for advice
- a mix of ages – young, aggressive, and mature with a focus
- often focused on planning, profit, growth!
- willing to approach everything in a new way with new ideas
And I often joke on stage that they are simply waiting for their group to sell their land because they know there is simply so much upside in the world of agriculture.
Here’s something to think about, regardless of what industry and career you find yourself in — which type of farmer are you? Future positive or a stuck-skeptic?
Maybe you too should think like a farmer!
GET IN TOUCH
Jim's Facebook page
You'll find Jim's latest videos on Youtube
Mastodon. What's on Jim's mind? Check his feed!
LinkedIn - reach out to Jim for a professional connection!
Flickr! Get inspired! A massive archive of all of Jim's daily inspirational quotes!
Instagram - the home for Jim's motivational mind!