“It’s the era of acceleration! Are you aligned to the opportunities?” – Futurist Jim Carroll
In the era of acceleration, the race belongs to those who are fast, and who can turn the trends of today into the opportunities of tomorrow.
But here’s a question – are you even at the starting gate?
To succeed in the future, you need insight on how the future will unfold. In my series of 19 Trends for 2019 (which In wrapped up yesterday, and which actually came to 20 trends!),
I provided an overview of a diverse number of trends that might provide challenge and opportunity going Into the future. They weren’t a comprehensive list, but just a grab bag of some of the different trends I talk about.
There are hundreds more.
The intent of the series was to give you some context to open your mind, explore the future, and think about what comes next.
You can also sit back and watch this 15 minute video, which embeds the trends within. It’s an entirely different edit and will give you some useful context to think about the future.
Are you ready? And fast?
Your business model and your industry won’t look the same in 5 or 10 years. In fact, you might not even recognize it.
The reality for the era of acceleration is this:
- the future belongs to those who are fast
- there are few exceptions to the reality that small = speed, big = slow.
- the fact is, most legacy companies are not structured for speed
- yet they need to be – disruption is everywhere, and it is happening quickly
- and as tech comes to drive every industry, the speed of change will only increase
- making the big-small dichotomy even worse – this faster future requires innovation risk, but big companies aren’t built for risk
- not only that, but big companies have inherent health issues – they are clogged up with organizational sclerosis that clogs up their abilities
The only way to challenge yourself and deal with these issues is to challenge yourself on speed!