As some economies continue to experience rounds of volatility, there are still plenty trying to figure out what to do next. And there are a many who are focused on the theme of “what do we do after the world has gone flat?”
In the “post-flat” world, you need to change your focus. In an upcoming keynote, I’ll be concentrating on several core themes:
- focus on growth – shift your focus to opportunity rather than cost based competition
- think “market transformation” – don’t tinker with strategy; you’ve got to be willing to shift assumptions, habits, routine
- refuse to compete on price – change the rules by recreating value in your product or service
- make big bets – whether it’s infrastructure, sales force, distribution network: you’ve got to be willing to spend to transition
- think international – local markets are small markets; the global economy is well within reach for any organization today.
- think velocity – One of my most often used quotes when on stage comes from Rupert Murdoch: “”The world is changing very fast. Big will not beat small anymore. It will be the fast beating the slow.””
There are three good blog posts in which I looked at this topic; an increasing number of keynote and workshop inquiries are coming from executives who want to help their organizations go “post-flat.”
- What do you do after the world gets flat? Put a ripple in it!
- Innovating in a flat world
- The new face of manufacturing : agility, insight and execution……